2/21/17

The Season of Focus

At New Year's it has become a common theme to pick a word for the year instead of a resolution. I've never really done this as I don't tend to do resolutions and such, but about this time last year I went with my church to a retreat and they spoke about having a word of the year for their church and asked us to pray that God would show us each  individually a word. Well I felt the word Focus being pressed onto my heart.

As 2017 rolled around I felt like this word was still true of where I was. I think its my season I am in. There are so many things I'm struggling with and I just feel Focus fits where I am.

I want to Focus in 4 areas of my life:

1.) Spiritually

I want to point my focus toward God. I want to focus on spending time in Scripture and prayer and deepen my relationship with Christ. I want to focus on surrendering to His will. I want to focus on loving God and loving people. I want to focus on mercy and justice.

2.) Physically

I want to focus on renewing my health. I want to focus on foods that nutritious my body. I want to focus on movement that not only strengths but heals. I want to focus on giving myself grace when it comes to food.

3.) Family

I want to focus on loving my family. I want to focus on extending grace. I want to focus on unity. I want to focus on fun, faith, and love.

4.) Identity

I want to focus my identity in the right place. I want to see myself through Christ's grace. I want to focus on the fact that He made me just the way I am with my own gifts and talents. I want to focus on being unique and resting on His grace, love, and truth.


Do you have a word for the year of for the season? Share it with me! I'll be posting more on Instagram about my journey and progress! Join in on the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment