9/1/15

Girl Stuck in a 90s World

I was born in the late 80s so my childhood (the preteen years) covered the 90s. I can remember when I finally got call waiting, a computer, and caller ID. I grew up watching Nickelodeon with Stick Stickly, Are You Afraid of the Dark, and Clarissa Explains It All. My friends and I would spend our summer days at the mall and would have to use a pay phone to call our parents to pick us up. When I was in 6th grade our mall finally got a Bath and Body Works, aaahh Country Apple hand sanitizer anyone?



I have watched over the past several years as trends from other eras like the 70s and 80s made their way back. So I waited. Patiently waited. And finally last summer it happened. I saw a pair of overalls hanging in a store and I knew the time was coming. And that time is finally here. The 90s are back! Open a magazine and you'll find sunflower print and grunge on models. I'm way more excited than I should be! I knew it was official when I saw a ton of platform shoes at Target.

I'm really hoping though that the mom dresses with the big collars and vests (I'm looking at you DJ Tanner) don't come back. But to be honest some of the loose dresses like what Monica Geller wore on Friends I think I can get on board with.

Anyway that was my random nonsense for the week. If you need me I'll be singing along with TLC and trying to convince my daughter that jelly sandals are in fact extremely cool!

3 comments:

  1. I was born in '92 and this post makes me really happy! I loved watching Clarissa Explains It All when I was younger. My B&BW addiction started early. And now, I'll be jamming to TLC all day. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when I meet my husband I still called "cell phones" car phones! We had the phones that were mounted in your car and were all big a bulky, Oh the 90's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! I'm way older than you and appreciate this reflection on the 90's. Be happy you didn't have to do the 70's and 80's and then look back on those pictures! Stacie xo

    ReplyDelete