8/10/15

Creating a Cleaning Schedule

Since January I have had a hard time getting things together and being organized. It has made life extremely difficult. This summer hasn't been much better either. School starts back in just 2 weeks and we are going to be busier than ever so I'm trying to declutter and get my house organized.

Once school starts back not only will I be chasing kids and trying to run a home but I will also be blogging and running my Usborne business. And I was offered an AMAZING new job! Still waiting to hear all the details before its official so I'll share with ya'll then. Depending on how the schedule for the new job looks I may also still continue to sub, so I will definitely be busy busy busy.




Looking at the calendar and how crazy everything is about to get I knew it was incredibly important that I create a cleaning schedule. It is small things I can do each day to keep my house going and not let the mess and clutter pile up.

You'll see that I am giving my kids a lot of responsibilities as well. This summer we have been working on them learning to do more to help around here. I want my kids to learn responsibility now and how to do things so that when they're grown they don't have to come running to mom to do their laundry lol. Anyway this is what I have planned for us (and hopefully we will stay on track with it):


Daily
 
 
 
Mom
  • Tidy up bedroom
  • Pick up around the house
  • Put away dirty clothes
  • Put away clean clothes
  • Wash 2 loads of laundry
  • Hand wash dishes
  • Make bed
  • Wipe down counters
  • Sweep kitchen
  • Lay out supper
  • 30 min deep clean
  • Pack lunches
 
Bailey
  • Pick up room
  • Bathroom job (making sure there is toilet paper)
  • Put away dirty clothes
  • Put away clean clothes
  • Load dishwasher
  • Make bed
  • Homework
  • Read for 20 mins
  • Get stuff ready for school
  • Pick out school clothes
 
Nathan
  • Pick up room
  • Bathroom job (empty trash)
  • Put away dirty clothes
  • Put away clean clothes
  • Unload dishwasher
  • Make bed
  • Homework
  • Read for 20 mins
  • Get stuff ready for school
  • Pick out school clothes
 
 
Weekly
 
Monday:
 
Mom
  • Mop bedrooms
Bailey
  • Sweep bedroom
  • Vacuum
Nathan
  • Sweep bedroom
  • Dust
 
Tuesday:
 
Mom
  • Mop rest of the house
  • Wash rugs and shower curtains
Bailey
  • Scoop litter box
  • Clean bathroom
Nathan
  • Sweep
  • Clean bathroom mirror and front door glass
 
Wednesday:
 
Mom
  • Wash sheets
  • Dust bedroom
Bailey
  • Put clean sheets on bed
  • Dust bedroom
Nathan
  • Put clean sheets on bed
  • Dust bedroom
Thursday:
 
Mom
  • Clean fridge and microwave
  • Start grocery list
Bailey
  • Scoop litter box
  • Vacuum
Nathan
  • Take trash to the end of the driveway
  • Dust
Friday:
 
Mom
  • Mop rest of the house
  • Billing and filing
Bailey
  • Sweep cat's area
  • Clean bathroom
Nathan
  • Sweep
  • Clean bathroom mirror and front door glass
Saturday
 
Mom
  • Get groceries
  • Clean car
Bailey
  • Empty litter box
Nathan
  • Sweep porch
 
 
 
I know this list isn't perfect and their are certain things that need to be done more often but I think this will be a good start. Tomorrow we are going to start trying to get back into our school routine and start getting up earlier (blah).
 
Do you have a cleaning schedule? Does it make life any easier?

3 comments:

  1. I need some sort of schedule. My MIL recently came over and organized some of the crap we have everywhere from moving into a new house. I just need to keep on top of things. But there's always something else to do. I might schedule using my beloved ColorNote app.

    lacy at http://www.rainbowsandballerinas.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need more time in my day to be more organized, a cleaning schedule is a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally wish I was this organized! Heck, I can't even make the bed every day ;)

    ReplyDelete