7/28/15

Back To School Shopping

I always dread back to school shopping! Usually by the end of summer we are needing to move up to the next size in clothes but I know we are so close to cold weather but still have another month or two of hot hot hot weather. I try hitting the sales racks as much as possible but usually they're picked over and mostly last winter's clothes is all that is left.




This past weekend I took my daughter to get back to school clothes. We cleaned out closets last week to see what we would need. Luckily my son was pretty set and just needs a couple of pairs of shorts and will need some blue jeans when it starts to get cooler. But my daughter on the other hand has hit a MAJOR growth spurt and basically had nothing that fit her any more!

Now I'm not a fashion blogger or a frugal living blogger, but when I find a great deal as a mom I want to do another mom a solid and tell her about it (and I also wanted to mention this isn't a sponsored post either but I wouldn't be offended if Old Navy decided they wanted to pay me in clothes for giving them a shout out) (I'm kidding) (mostly).



A few of our purchases

Anyway we hit Old Navy first and it was such a great decision! Old Navy is one of the few stores where I go to the sale rack first and I am usually not disappointed. This time however I didn't find anything on the sales rack but I feel like we made out like a bandit! They had a ton of cute t-shirts on sale for 65% off! We ended up with 2 pairs of shorts and 7 shirts and only paid $65! I happy danced all the way out the store. My mood was quickly killed when we hit Justice but I won't go there.

My favorite thing I love about the shirts from Old Navy is that they will easily transition to fall/winter wear when layered with a long sleeve shirt. I love shopping trips like that, it makes my heart go pitter patter. Now on to buying school supplies....



How is your back to school shopping going? Hit any big sales?

4 comments:

  1. I LOVED B2S shopping when I was a kid.
    Old Navy always seems to have amazing deals. I'm glad you were able to find some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been LOVING Old Navy lately! So many great things for such a good price!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Old Navy too! There are actually three within reasonable shopping distance from my house and it's funny what a difference there is just in the three of them. On of them usually more on sale.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Old Navy is s one of my go-to's! My daughter is starting school for the first time in the Fall... need to go stock up!

    x,
    Esther
    http://blog.cuteheads.com

    ReplyDelete