6/9/15

Material Girl

For Mother's Day the fab fam got me a gift card. They new there were several things I had been eyeing for a while but didn't want to buy for myself. I always feel guilty buying stuff for myself. Well I haven't always had this problem, I think this is just a mom thing. As a teen I had no problem whatsoever spending money on myself ha. Anyway I wanted to share my awesome loot!



1. Books
I bought The Outsiders, Perks of Being a Wallflower, and The Complete Aromatherapy and Essential Oils Handbook for Everyday Wellness. I have read both novels before and have loved them. The Outsiders I read in school (next week I'll post a review on this one). Perks of Being a Wallflower I recently read on my Kindle App but knew this was one that I needed to own in book form. A review on this one is coming soon. The Complete Aromatherapy and Essential Oil Handbook has been on my wish list for a while. Its great and contains so much information and recipes.



2. Converse
I have wanted a pair of Converse for FOREVER! But the fact that they were $50 is what kept me from getting them. I usually only spend roughly $30 at the most on any type of clothing or shoes for myself. I got them at Academy and picked them up and walked around the store with them then decided to put them back cause I just couldn't rationalize spending $50 on shoes. Finally hubby convinced me to go get them so I did and I'm extremely happy. Now I need a pair in red, white, turquoise, navy, or just one in every color would work too :)



3. Face Wash and Moisturizer
A friend of mine is a Posh rep and had let me try some samples. There were some products I immediately fell in love with and this face wash is definitely one of them! It gently scrubs my skin and smells amazing! Combining it with this moisturizer has done wonders for my skin! I wish I had taken a before and after picture. As I have said before I have PCOS which causes my face to break out really bad. I never had problems with this until just a few years ago. Even as a teen I had really clear skin. My face is looking sooo much better! This is definitely a product that I'll continue to use.


4. Diffuser Necklace
I found these extremely cute diffuser necklaces on Instagram. This was my first purchase with my gift card and it was the hardest decision to make. I could not for the life of me decide which one I wanted there were too many cute ones to choose from! I love this one and the first oil I tried in it was Lavender. I got so many compliments the first day I wore it, and lots of weird looks when I would reply "Thanks! Want to smell it?".



5.Messanger Bag
I love this bag! I discovered a couple of years ago that I only like cross body style bags. I love this one because its big enough that I can put my tablet and my blogger planner along with my other everyday items. I also love that its hand made! Not only is it extremely cute but its thick durable material. I bought it from Homespun Happiness!


What fabulous things have you bought recently?

10 comments:

  1. Wow, I love the diffuser necklace! I'll definitely have to try that out. Maybe it'll be the fabulous thing I purchase :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you got to spend on yourself! You deserve it. You can never go wrong with a new pair of Converse. And I've heard so much about essential oils and all lately. The necklace looks like the perfect way to enjoy the scents. Stacie xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you definitely deserve to do a little spending spree on yourself every now and then. The Outsiders & Perks of Being A Wallflower are a few of my favorite books. If you haven't seen the movies for them yet, they're really good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a pretty nice Mother's Day haul. You need to pamper yourself sometimes. You're important too. What is a diffuser necklace?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The necklace opens and there is a little pad that you drop essential oils on so you are inhaling them. A diffuser simply disperses oils in the air :)

      Delete
  5. Did you take your photos? They look nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I used my daughter's camera and it did really nice. The only problem is I do most of my work on my tablet so I had to upload them to my laptop (which is about to bite the dust reason I don't use it) then email to my tablet which is kind of a pain.

      Delete
  6. What is your favorite kind of oils to put in your necklace diffuser??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really just depends on my mood. I like lavender for calming and orange or lemon for uplifting. Those are the ones I diffuse most. Sometimes peppermint if I have a cold.

      Delete
  7. Great gifts! The diffuser necklace is super pretty!

    ReplyDelete