5/18/15

Crawfish Etoufee



Hubby went to New Orleans last week for some work stuff.  I was jealous the whole time of his trip because of all the delicious food I knew he'd get to eat. On the way home he stopped and picked up a sack of crawfish. That has to be one of the things I miss the most about living in Mississippi. He was going to bring me home a king cake since I didn't get one for my birthday this year but the bakery that I love to get them at you have to preorder them when not in season. I was disappointed but got over it really quick when we started boiling the crawfish.

Sometimes we need to give ourselves a break from healthy eating and eat something just because we love it. After we ate all that we physically could we peeled the rest and I put it in the fridge and made etoufee the next night for supper. The best way to make etoufee is with crawfish left over from a boil because it has all the delicious seasonings cooked into them, but if you can't do this you can find peeled tails in the frozen section at the grocery store. They are kind of expensive so this is a dish I don't make often. The recipe is really easy to make so don't worry if your not a great cook. If I can do it, you can do it.



Crawfish Etoufee

1 large onion
1 large bell pepper
1 stalk of celery
1 can, per pound of crawfish, cream of mushroom soup
1 can, per pound of crawfish, rotel tomatoes
 1 lb of crawfish tails
1 stick of butter
Season All or Tony's

Sautee onion, pepper, and celery (sometimes I add mushrooms and green onions) in stick of butter. Add soup, tomatoes, and crawfish tails. Season to taste and simmer for 30 mins. Serve over rice.


This is sooo good I know ya'll will love it! Go ahead and indulge in a piece of pecan pie and get back to eating better tomorrow!

What's one of your favorite southern comfort foods?

11 comments:

  1. I am such a sucker for crawfish! I will have to try this

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks awesome!! I gain weight everyone I go to New Orleans, I'm sure of this

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks great, I haven't had crawfish in so many years. Your recipe sounds too good not to try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUMMMMY!!! This is one of my favorite dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never had crawfish before..this looks yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks delicious...and easy! I can't wait to try it. Thanks for the recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks really great! I'd love to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to try this...it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. MY WORD. That looks amazing!!! Thanks so much for taking the time to link up with us over at the #HomeMattersParty - we hope to see you again on Friday!

    ReplyDelete