5/22/15

Be Daring

Today I had one of those rare grand moments. Nothing spectacular inspired it, it just seemed to occur. I saw myself today. I mean my real self. Layers suddenly seemed to vanish and the girl I have been searching for just somehow appeared.



If I could go to college, I'd study English. The ability to be properly educated in books and writing makes my heart swoon. Unfortunately we can't afford for me to get a degree. If I did go back to school one of my children probably wouldn't be able to go to college and that is a thought I couldn't bare. I could never be the reason they couldn't chase a dream.

Instead if will spend my days reading books and poetry and plays. I will watch movies that move me. I will write down my thoughts.

I want to inspire my children to be thinkers and doers. To ask why and seek answers. I want them to be unique. I don't want them to conform to the world around them. I don't even want them to grow up to be the people I think they should be. I want them to flow against the current and be world shakers.

I want them to see themselves. They're original selves.

Especially when it comes to Jesus. I don't my relationship with Christ or theirs be based on the fact that "it's the right thing to do". No, I want them to have a burning passion for Jesus. I don't want it to be because I shoved the Bible down there throat and taught them all the right things to say and do. I want them to be the unique individuals He created them to be and love Him with an all consuming love.

Today I vow to quit living by the world's standard (yes even the Christian world) and march to the beat to my own drum. I want to live. I want to express the creation that I am. I don't want to watch or follow, I want to live. I want to be weird and quirky. I want to be gracious and passionate. I want to look around and have the ability to see things from a different perspective. I want to read books and dance to music.

And when I draw my last breaths I want know that I seized every moment that I could. I want to love my family deeply. I want to keep dreaming big thoughts. I want my life to be extraordinary even during the ordinary moments.

2 comments:

  1. I'm in your spot somewhat, only have my undergrad degree. My issue is that I can't go to grad school without risking my daughter being able to get a degree. You know what though? There's a lot of education available for free at the public library. We can do that :) Moreover, if you have questions, maybe you can write to an authority in the field and ask. Sometimes we just have to blow the doors before us open with dynamite! Great post!

    ReplyDelete