4/14/15

Cooking Fail

If you follow me on Instagram, you saw this go down the other day. If not here it is.. I was cooking supper and listening to a podcast, and as I was chopping vegetables I thought oh this will make an amazing Instagram pic. So I stopped snapped the pic and uploaded it.


Next I tossed some chicken on the grill and decided to snap and post another pic. I mean supper was going great. Everything was smelling good and I was proud because it was healthy. Hubby was going to be home from work soon and boy was he in for a treat.

 
 
So there I was feeling all cocky and confident. Awesome mom and wife for cooking an amazing and healthy supper, awesome blogger for utilizing social media, and was also being frugal because I had chopped enough for there to be left overs for lunch for a couple of days. Frugal ninja! Then this happened...
 
 
 
My pink Himalayan salt is in a plastic grinder. As I was grinding some salt in the veggies it busted and salt went all over the place! See all that pink in the skillet? That's salt! I cleaned it up off the stove, counters, and floor (and my bra) but still didn't know what to do about the veggies. I didn't want to toss them because it was a lot of food and didn't really have enough time to find something else to cook. So you know what I did? I. Didn't. Say. A. Word. I scooped out as much salt as I could and fixed everyone's plates. I was hoping no one would notice. The kids ate supper and didn't say anything. I was silently screaming yay I'm going to get away with it. In my head I was singing and dancing to "Can't Touch This", because I must be a bad mamajamma to pull this off. Then hubs started eating his veggies.
 
He looked up and asked what was wrong with the veggies and I just gave him a look like what I have no idea what you're talking about. He asked why it was so salty. I could no longer hold it together under his tough interrogation skills and broke. I told him the story of what happened. He wasn't surprised at all. So needless to say the veggies got dumped along with my pride.
 
Lesson learned #stayhumble
 


2 comments:

  1. Oh Jeez... wasted food is the worse.. We all have fails though... lol.. thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even the best cooks have fails sometimes. Sorry you had to dump the food. Bummer.

    ReplyDelete