1/25/15

Finding My Voice

I went straight from a high school student to being someone's wife and mother. The time that most people use to "find" themselves I was learning to cook and care for my family. Don't get me wrong I LOVE my life and wouldn't change my story at all, but I have been feeling very lost lately.

I'm such a people pleaser and trying to keep up with everyone's expectations plus raising a family, I feel like somewhere a long the way I lost myself. I feel like this blogging journey will be a way for me to somewhat sort through all of this and discover who I really am.

I was talking with my friend Jennifer the other day about some of this and how I want to write but don't feel like I have found my writing voice yet. There have been so many things I've wanted to write about but just was unsure on how to get out the ways I wanted. I'm scared of sounding dumb. She said something that I've really been thinking about lately, she told me to write it anyway! I can write to help me sort out my thoughts and publish it when I feel ready. So that's what I'm going to do, I'm just going to write.

I feel as though I'm stepping out on a new path and my legs are shaky as I'm trying to find my footing. So please be patient with me as I find my way. You will definitely have to endure very amateur writing but this is just the beginning of a brand new season of life and what I'm sure will lead to a brand new me. Actually no, not a brand new me, just me. I'm hoping that this season will lead me to see myself for exactly who I was created to be.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! So glad you are doing this... it feels so good to be able to write a little bit each and every day! I feel like you will definitely be able to discover you. I am also a big people pleaser.

    ~ Lora @ Crazy Running Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is how I feel!! I am learning as I go, all I can do it try! Half of the female population doesn't like me for some reason anyway and that hinders my writing.

    ReplyDelete